EW Community

Find Me On Facebook

Meet Claudine

Monday, December 3, 2012 @ 07:12 PM
Author: Lincee

When I returned to Texas from Africa, I had 24 hours before I got back on a plane to travel to Singapore for work. I landed back in the central time zone on Saturday, was dead to the world for most of Sunday and drudged through today with the energy of an enthusiastic snail. Needless to say, Rwanda was life changing and I’m still processing through what I learned, what I saw, who I met and how I’m going to move forward.

Yes I was almost befriended by a gorilla and fulfilled my trip-long dream of strapping a baby to my back, but one of the most memorable moments was when I mean my sponsor child JD. The emotions are still raw and the memories are very powerful. He deserves and will receive a post all on his own if I have the courage to write it one day.

This is when we first met. Be still my heart…

And this is JD, me and his little brother in front of their house.

Why yes. They are as precious as they look.

When I chose to sponsor a child with Africa New Life, I asked them to give me the kid who has been on the list the longest. I’m so thankful JD is in my life now. But there are several other village kids who would love to be sponsored. Meet Claudine:

BGR00210 Uwamariya Claudine from Africa New Life Ministries on Vimeo.

Only $39 per month.  That’s roughly two meals out and a movie (I’m a cheap date) to help Claudine. Email me and I’ll answer any questions you may have or give you any details you may need. Green bean haters UNITE!  Let’s give Claudine a reason to HOPE!

9 Responses to “Meet Claudine”

1. Sara says:

I mean…. this post brought such joy to my heart! Way to be an incredible vehicle for Africa New Life.

2. Susie Wright says:

Be still my heart?! Be still my weepy eyes!! The picture of your “son” jumping in your arms started the tears flowing! What a blessing to be able to look into his eyes and tell him of your love for him. Thank you, Lord We (Bill & I) are soooo proud of you!

3. Jen says:

What an incredible experience. And yes, I am very interested in sponsoring a child and would love any advice you can offer. I was just exploring the site and saw so many hopeful faces. What advice do you have for selecting a child?

4. Lincee says:

Thanks Sara and Susie!

Jen, I would suggest choose one of the kids from the videos. They choose these precious young ones because for some reason, they just have not been chosen. I reader today picked up my other video kid Stephen (just by watching the other entries) and I couldn’t be more excited. If I were you, I’d pick Claudine in the video above, but I’m a little bias! They all need our help and when you’re there, you can literally tell the difference between sponsored kids and their non-sponsored friends.

Email me with any questions!

5. Jen says:

Hi again!
    I would love to sponsor Claudine, but couldn’t find her on the website. The video didn’t link through to a sponsorship opportunity…unless I am missing something? Or maybe she is sponsored now. Anyhow, it would be an honor and privilege to sponsor a child.
    Thanks!
    Jen

6. Amber says:

I’d like to sponsor Stephen. Is he sponsored?
    Please email me ahouston@scrgllc.com.
    Amber

7. April says:

Amazing! Just sponsored a child. So hard to choose just one. I think we all need to ask our family and friends to sponsor a child as a Christmas gift instead of getting a present. Do I really need body lotion that I won’t use? No!

8. Jen says:

Hi,
    Just wanted to let you know that we have received TWO letters from Claudine already. We are truly thrilled and honored to have her in our lives. Thank you again.