Best of 2014
I can’t believe 2015 is upon us. Raise your hand if you feel like we were just collecting gasoline and generators as we freaked out over Y2K. The year 2015 sounds so futuristic. I should have a flying car by now. At the very least, a hover board.
Instead of looking forward, I wanted to take this time to look back and feature my top 10 posts from 2014. These were the posts that received the most clicks, comments, social media likes and emails. Enjoy this trip down IHGB Memory Lane!
10. Robin Williams’ death impacted me in several ways, including the memory of a beloved English teacher.
9. I watched The Fault in Our Stars and snotted on both of my friends.
8. When I went to Rwanda this year, I had laryngitis and sounded like a 1-900 operator. My sponsor kid was confused.
7. This was the post that featured a grade school picture of me attached to a bad hair of the 80s link. My hair was AMAZING thankyouverymuch.
6. I wrote a piece on the 10th anniversary of The Notebook. Noah Calhoun FOREVER.
5. One of my favorite posts of the year was when I compared buying an American Girl doll to the Hunger Games. The odds were in my favor.
4. This one surprised me. I had no idea everyone liked Wade Kinsella as much as me!
3. I wrote a letter to my 18-year-old self. There is a lifetime of wisdom in this one post.
2. Friends will always stand the test of time. TRUTH.
1. I’m trying not to read too much into the fact that my most embarrassing moment of 2014 was your favorite post of the year.
BONUS: For those of you who love The Bachelor, here is my top recap of the year. I have to agree…it was a good one!
Here’s hoping 2015 if full of life, love and other mysteries! Thanks for making this year unforgettable.