Unwilling to ‘Let it Go’
My niece is still obsessed with Frozen. Therefore, when I come to visit, I must be obsessed with Frozen. She’s watched the movie a billion times. She’s watched every video available on YouTube. She’s read every book published. Other than sitting on the opposite side of the bathroom door waiting for Addie to ask me if I want to build a snowman, what more can a person do?
Why you make a creative video of course!
Things to note:
- See if you can tell which pictures I took and which pictures a kid took.
- Yes I know that angel in the water feature is a little creepy. It’s older than I am. We’ve learned to live with it.
- Yes I know that the hand drawn picture of me and my sister looks nothing like me. At least my eyes don’t seem that crooked when I look in the mirror.
- There’s a picture of Anna’s arm. It has a rolly polly on it. Some of us LOVE rolly pollies and keep them in Ziploc bags.
- Daddy has learned to accept the fact that Anna and Elsa are part of the family. His smile is genuine.
- Doc refused to pose with Elsa and Anna. After the picture was taken, he tried to eat one of them. It was traumatic, but we made it through.
- Yes Mama keeps playing cards and dominoes out on a table at all times.
- Yes that nutcracker is out all year long.
- Anna is holding a picture of my sister when she was a kid. My sister is holding the Bionic Woman. She’s in mid-blink. Addie loves this picture. Jamie hates it. Of course it made the video.
- I’m the best aunt ever. Or so I’ve been told by a very reliable five-year-old.