IHGB Movie Review: ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2’
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Starring: Nia Vardalos and John Corbett
The Gist: The family is back for another Greek wedding!
- Remember how the original My Big Fat Greek Wedding was a delight? The second one is just one step down from that. It’s a fun movie with lots of laughs.
- The reason why it’s one step down from the original is because the jokes are familiar. On more than one occasion, I didn’t laugh as hard as I did back in 2002 when I originally heard the zinger.
- Never fear, dear reader. John Corbett is as F-I-N-E as he was once upon a time.
- I liked how they brought back the entire family for the sequel. When I say the entire family, I mean THE ENTIRE FAMILY. And then some.
- I want to be Aunt Voula when I grow up. She completely steals the show in my opinion.
- I will implement “pull my neck” the next time I take a picture with my mom. That is a fact.
- At one point near the end, I started to cry big tears. I hope you do the same so I don’t feel like such a dork.
- The trailer leads us to believe that the movie is about Toula’s daughter, Paris. It sort of is, but the majority of the movie revolves around Toula’s parents. I wish it had been the other way around. It all ties together nicely in the end.
- There wasn’t nearly enough OPA! shouting in my opinion.
- Paris isn’t as emo as she pretends to be. Her eyes are mesmerizing.
- Windex still fixes everything. My mom says the same thing about Sea Breeze astringent.
Some theaters here in Houston sell the first showing of a movie for only $5. If you can swing that in your town, I’d suggest you go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 on the big screen. If not, wait a few months and rent it on RedBox or iTunes. You’ll love it!