IHGB Movie Review: The LEGO Batman Movie
The LEGO Batman Movie
Starring: Will Arnett, Michael Cera, and Zach Galifianakis
The Gist: Always be yourself — unless you can be Batman.
- If you have a kid in your life who is a fan of LEGOS, go see this movie.
- If you have a person in your life who is a fan of Batman, go see this movie.
- If you know someone who thinks Will Arnett is hilarious, go see this movie.
- If you know someone who thinks Will Arnett’s voice is epic, go see this movie.
- If you loved the first LEGO movie, but you don’t have a superhero background, you probably won’t like it as much as you liked the first one.
- If you’re wondering if Batman has the storyline to carry an entire movie around his character, guess what? He does.
- Batman speaks my love language — sarcasm.
- I dare you to NOT look up the cast roster for this movie. See if you can figure out who all of the voices are on your own.
- There are several cameos by famous bad guys that have nothing to do with the DC Universe. These special moments made my heart melt.
- Michael Cera as Robin is my new favorite LEGO character. **And RRRRIIIIPPPPP!**
- You will love the part when Robin picks out his official costume.
- Is it weird that I think the LEGO version of Bruce Wayne is attractive? Do I need to get out more?
- Do not go in thinking that there will be an “Everything is Awesome” song. There isn’t.
- However, the LEGO Batman soundtrack is pretty good.
- I may have felt sorry for the Joker once or twice.
- We all need an Alfred Pennyworth in our lives.
- I laughed hard.
- You will start calling your computer by the name of ‘Puter.
- I feel like I need to see it again because the joke density is so deep. I probably missed a lot of funny stuff!
Let the record show that I am a superhero geek to the core. I prefer Marvel over DC, but Batman is my jam. (Full disclosure: Captain America is my number one guy.) I enjoyed every second of LEGO Batman and give it a hearty two toe thumbs up!