Lessons learned from ‘Pretty Woman’
The movie Pretty Woman is celebrating it’s 25th anniversary this year. First of all, where did the time go? Second of all, Lord help me slow it down.
I was way too young to see this delightful movie debut on the big screen, but I did fall in love with it a few years later. It never occurred to me to feel weird about Vivian’s occupation. I can overlook tons of details when I’m watching a movie through my rose-colored LOVE STORY glasses! I just want the guy to get the girl so they can live happily ever after. Is that a crime?
Some people would say yes. These are the same people who remind me that Allie cheated on Lon with Noah Calhoun. It’s very hard to form an argument around this rather large detail.
Since Pretty Woman taught me a plethora of life lessons, I thought I would share my list with you. Here’s to 25 years of saying “slippery little suckers” whenever the occasion arises! Enjoy!
- I will never have hair like Julia Roberts. It’s time to accept that fact.
- If ever needed, I can hide cash inside the toilet tank in a soap container.
- Pimps are mean. Never get one.
- Your foot is as big from your elbow to your wrist.
- Strawberries bring out the flavor in champagne.
- Stores are never nice to people. They are nice to credit cards.
- The best place to shop is Rodeo Drive, baby.
- I am as tall as Julia Robert’s legs are long.
Pretty Woman Quotes I Still Recite
- What’s your dream?
- Oh yo, oh yo, catch this.
- Lights. Lights would be good here.
- Well color me happy, there’s a sofa in here for two!
- Don’t you just love Prince?
- Big mistake. Big. Huge!
- These are broken. Mine are broken.
- Look! There’s a band!
Pretty Woman Soundtrack Favorites You Should Purchase
- “Wild Women Do” by Natalie Cole
- “King of Wishful Thinking” by Go West
- “Fallen” by Lauren Wood
- “Oh Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison
- “It Must Have Been Love” by Roxette
Now it’s your turn! Which quotes did I miss? I took the panty hose one out because I haven’t worn them since college. Should it go back in? Do you own the Roxette song? If not, what are you waiting for? GO PURCHASE IT NOW. That’s my dream for you. What’s your dream?