Sizing Up Des’ Dudes
We are just days away from joining Desiree on her quest to find Sean 2.0 among the naturally athletic, adorably geeky and uncommonly white toothed band of merry men that ABC cobbled together from country club bars, Venice Beach, that one dude who shared a prison cell with our bachelorette’s brother and the countless tweets from women following Our Host Chris Harrison who claim their co-worker/newphew/son would be PERFECT for America’s favorite bridal consultant.
Keeping with tradition from seasons past, once I found out that the bios were officially up, I decided to pick three contenders based solely on their thumbnail picture. Let’s see how I did!
I think I stopped at Tiny Brad because he has a nice smile. I also appreciate his bold choice to wear the color teal on his national TV debut headshot photo. Finally, it would appear that he has light eyes and dark hair. Let’s see if I’m right…
1. The Smile: Very nice. Extremely white teeth which are emphasized by his fresh spray tan and non-nonchalant five o’clock shadow.
2. The Shirt: I’m glad it’s a bit more manly than the thumbnail would imply. It’s no periodic chart tee, but I think I see the start to a mighty fine gun show.
3. The Eyes and Hair: I’m a fan of a buzz cut. The eyes are the same color as the shirt. Bonus points.
The website has a new section that features scanned hand written applications from our contestants. According to his answers, Brad is both an accountant AND a deejay. YES! He claims he would dance with me in the rain if we ever found ourselves in Seattle. Um, OKAY! He thinks Will Ferrell is the funniest man alive and loves Christmas Vacation. SURVEY SAYS? I APPROVE!
Tiny Juan Pablo’s hair intrigued me. He also looked manly and rugged. Again, I’m a sucker for a five o’clock shadow. Roll out the big version (she said to no one)!
1. The Hair: Oh Juan. I love how you put so much product in your hair, yet wear your t-shirt in a deep V plunge as if to convey you are super laid back.
2. Is he rugged? I would need to inspect his fingernails to be for sure, but according to his bio, he was a pro football (read: soccer) player in Venezuela.
3. The Shadow? There’s a bit of a hairy neck sweater going on in this pic. I’m not a fan.
According to the application, The Pablo is one of the few who DOESN’T have the hand writing of a blind doctor, serial killer or first grader. Bonus. He loves to dance (AWESOME), doesn’t read (I find that odd) and is looking for a woman with great breasts (aren’t we all?) He’ll either be the mysterious Venezuelan brooding in the corner or he’ll charm Des with a quick game of soccer in the driveway. She’ll face plant due to the obnoxious train on her cocktail dress or by slipping on the freshly sprayed asphalt. He’ll go far as a result of whispering sweet Spanish nothings in her ear to console her as Harrison gives her a sip from his boot flask to make the pain go away. VAYA CON DIOS JUAN PABOLO!
Like Tiny Brad, I was drawn to Tiny Zak’s smile. I saw the faint outlining of a possible dimple, which is my personal kryptonite. I also thought the angle of his headshot gave him a whimsical feel. Did he run in the shot because he was too busy shooting the breeze with Harrison’s entourage? Was he helping an old lady across the street? Was he trying on his third Henley in order to get just the right look for his national debut? THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
1. The Smile: Clearly, Crest White Strips are the national sponsor for season 20.
2. The Angle: We learn from Zak’s bio that he’s an oxymoron which is code for WACKY. He’s a drilling fluids engineer (I just fell asleep typing that) yet he likes to go antiquing with his Mom and hopes that there is always room for creativity. What? I can’t decide if he was actually late to the photo shoot because he was solving a math problem for fun or helping Juan Pablo pick the proper deep V-neck.
Let the record show that Zak also answered a question with the term, “nopers.” How do we feel about that? He likes karaoke and camping but if he could eat dinner with anyone, it would be the Cookie Monster. I don’t know if I should roll my eyes or root for him with the passion of a thousand One F Jefs. Help me.
Nick R. was scanned over from the tiny composite pics, but he quickly moved up the ladder when I read that he was both a tailor and a magician. A MAGICIAN Y’ALL! He can make his own cape and pull a rabbit out of his hat! Abracadabra I hope this dude goes far! TEAM HOUDINI!
Nick M. lives in New York as an investment advisor and drinks either beer or wine. Deciding between the two IS hard. We’re soul mates. Also, it takes him 20 minutes to get ready and he easily blushes. Adorable.
What do y’all think? Do you have a favorite? Will Juan Pablo be cool or annoying? Do you think Nick R. will pull a quarter out of Harrison’s ear? Will Harrison saw him in half if he does? Does Brad have potential? Is Nick M. your favorite too? Sound off in the comment section!