Things I’ve learned after seven days of being sick…
1. Prescription cough syrup tastes better if taken through a straw.
2. It is possible to sleep sitting up…when you are THAT tired.
3. I’ve become a fan of the Neti Pot. Funny story. If I had the energy, I would write about the ginormous green/brown blob that fell from my sinus cavity in the sink after my second attempt to get water to come out of my nose. Good times.
4. How I Met Your Mother is one of the funniest shows on TV. How have I missed this?
5. If you cough enough, you get an ab workout as well. No need to be upset that this incurable sickness is keeping you from starting that exercise program you were so excited about.
6. Chicken noodle soup loses its nostalgia after eating it for six meals in a row. Replace with pints of ice cream. For the sore throat of course.
7. Laughing hysterically at something you saw on The Office or Ugly Betty will result in a coughing fit that will last approximately 17 minutes. Proceed with caution.
8. I miss Alias and all of its Michael Vaughn goodness.
9. Kleenex/snot rags multiply when you aren’t looking.
10. “Resting one’s eyes” at work for 30 minutes is unacceptable.