Zambia After Dark
What better way to celebrate the midway mark of our trip than to compile a list of things we never thought we would say or do in Zambia? I hope you get to experience half of this list at least once in your life. Enjoy!
- Would you like a bubble gum coffee shake?
- I had to burn a diaper.
- Did I just sit in urine? Yes, yes I did.
- Let’s get into this car. Is he a stranger? Yes. It’s okay. (And that’s when Zambian Uber was born. We shall call it Zuber.)
- Zuber Driver: “Can I get a picture with you to post on Facebook?”
Me: “Make sure to get my good side.”
- You want me to carry a box of apples on my head? Okay…
- I let my daughter ride in the back of a truck with people I just met. Parent of the week.
(PS: Dani is 12-years-old and is more mature than most of us here.)
- We can buy a chicken on the side of the road up here.
- Don’t look. They are about to chop the chicken’s head off.
- I just traded hand sanitizer for a crocodile bottle opener. I think I won.
- How many can we fit into the mini bus? (Answer: 22)
- Y’all get in the back of the truck and hold the tool chest so it doesn’t fall over.
- Y’all make room in the back of the truck so we can give a ride to these random seven school kids. I’ll go slow so the tool chest doesn’t fall over on you. (Read: 40-miles-per-hour is not slow.)
- We just blew through an entire bag of balloons making balloon animals.
- The school is just over there. (Read: 30 minutes later we are still wandering the desert.)
- That kid giving his testimony in church is like the Zambian version of Hamilton.
- Where can I find elephant pants?
- Is that smell sewage or a dead animal?
- Pick up the bunny, Lara, and smile for the camera!
- Has anyone seen Chad’s wedding band?
- Why hasn’t Jesus given you a husband?
- This water is scalding hot.
- Texas time or Zambian time?
- How much is cow worth?
- I’m having trouble squatting.
- What vegetable am I chopping?
- Always have an exit strategy.
- Don’t let them take you into the small room by yourself.
- Kurt Cobain is classic rock. (According to the Arise Africa interns. Millennials…)
- Does the rooster have jet lag?
- Who got kicked off The Bachelor last night?
If you haven’t read the post on “Brotherly Love,” please click HERE and helps us out!
“We laughed, we sang, we couldn’t believe our good fortune.” Psalm 126:2