Dancing with the Stars recap: Season 25 Finals Part 2
Well, season 25 has come to a close and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Here are some other things that made me happy (along with some things that confused me) during the night two of the Dancing with the Stars finale:
- Len dressing up as Santa reading “Twas the Night Before the Finale” to the finalists.
- DWTS dudes dancing with packages. (Wrapped presents. Get your head out of the gutter.)
- All of the red and white outfits with feathers, sparkles, and FUR!
- The fact that all the finalists genuinely root for each other and are super upset that the journey is about to end.
- The announcer guy is back!
- How Frankie cries at the drop of a hat.
- Kelsea Ballerini singing her song “Legends” on a box in the middle of a dark, smoky ballroom, while Val and Jenna danced around her.
- Their kiss at the end! Did you see it?
- All of the footage at the Los Angeles Children’s Hospital.
- Lindsey and Mark’s cha-cha-cha/tango fusion.
- Sharna’s announcement that both Frankie AND Jordan will be joining the Dancing with the Stars tour! (NO MORE TEARS, GUYS!)
- Lindsay and Jordan’s salsa/paso fusion. Hooray for double pirouettes!
- The “graduation” videos playing in the background.
- Derek and Sharna’s repeat basketball routine.
- Vanessa and Maks’ repeat Hollywood musical number. Yay feathers!
- Lindsey Stirling and Becky G. performing at the Grove.
- Drew and Emma’s repeat in the silky blue tuxedo routine and the other Property Brother who pops out at the end.
- Frankie and Witney’s foxtrot/tango fusion.
- That the judges didn’t feel pressure to award Frankie a perfect score for his fusion dance.
- JV’s Fake Gosling dancing to the Olaf soundtrack.
- Sexy red bellhop uniforms as worn by the JV girls.
- Boys holding mistletoe cat calling the sexy red bellhop girls.
- Mark and Lindsey’s repeat pajama jive to “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.”
- Lindsey Stirling’s huge fury soldier hat.
- How can we hear Lindsey’s violin when it’s not plugged in?
- Val and Victoria dancing for thirty seconds and then swaying in the background for three minutes as the JV troupe takes over.
- Why are the backup singers wearing coats? It’s California.
- Witney’s fusion costume: Silver glitter bodysuit with a skirt that doesn’t quite meet in the middle. It’s like the skirt is an open curtain and her crotch is the window pane.
WHAT IN THE WORLD?
- How the wardrobe department used one foot of material to make Lindsay Arnold’s samba shorts. Truly a feat of engineering.
- The last note Jordan hits during his solo.
- Jordan dancing with Lindsay, while he sings, right before he hits that note.
- The awful green and red plaid bow on Lindsay’s butt.
UNDER THE COUCH
- All the Dancing with the Stars dudes who have impressive torsos unzipping their red hoodies to reveal freshly waxed, airbrushed abs. A big thank you to Gleb, Artem, Guy I Don’t Know, and Terrell Owens for that.
- All the Dancing with the Stars dudes who don’t have impressive torsos dancing a paso doble immediately after the PG-Rates holiday topless show. (WE STILL LOVE YOU SASHA!)
- Debbie Gibson singing in white go-go boots as Gleb/Sasha and Artem/Nikki work their way across the stage as if they’ve never performed ballroom dance steps before.
- Boys topless, wearing reindeer antlers. Just, no.
- Shark Tank Barbara dancing with the topless reindeer = hard pass. Kudos to Gleb for just stepping right in front of her so no one could see her “dance.”
- Nick Lachey singing as the three finalists stand there looking at each other, waiting to hear who is going to win the mirrorball trophy.
- How everyone rushes the stage to congratulate Jordan and Lindsay, yet hardly anyone goes over to Mark and Lindsey. I’m going to assume the cast was pumped that Lindsay Arnold finally won a mirrorball trophy and they were two overcome with joy to realize how awkward this looked.
I truly would have been happy if any of the final three had won, but I too am glad Lindsay finally got the bling. Who’s with me?