Lessons Learned from ‘While You Were Sleeping’
A few times each year, I like to look back on a beloved movie and share lessons I have learned while watching said movie over and over and over again. Since it’s December, I traditionally toss a little love to favorite Christmas movies, like The Holiday or Love Actually.
This year, I’m turning the time table waaaayyyy back to 1995. It was the year Sandra Bullock solidified herself as a leading lady in a romance. She crawled right up there with Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan. And we all benefitted from her decision to do a little movie called While You Were Sleeping.
Lessons Learned from While You Were Sleeping
- When a man is willing to give you the world, even in the form of Florence in a snow globe, explore that business.
- Buy a good pair of tweezers and use them.
- Give the Joe Jr. in your life a small break this holiday season. Perhaps you can go to the Ice Capades or let him try on your shoes.
- Don’t jump onto the train tracks to save someone, unless that person looks like Peter Callahan.
- Pretending to be someone’s finacé is totally fine if that person is in a coma and can’t confirm your lie.
- Don’t name your child after breakfast food.
- Hospitals are full of three things: Jell-O, germs, and secrets.
- Never play basketball with a pencil in your back pocket.
- Beware of the ruggedly handsome brother.
- White carpet is begging to have something spilled on it.
- If Jack Callahan and Noah Calhoun taught us anything, it’s to date someone who can build furniture.
- Carry your passport at all times.
- Slipping on ice can be romantic.
- Leaning is a lot different from hugging.
- Never put a wedding invite on Post-It note.
- Don’t knock the squirrels out of their nest with a rock so you can “save” them.
- Pay attention to the lonely people.
- When weighing your marital options, choose the better brother.
- Train token booths don’t feel like the perfect place to propose, but it works.
While You Were Sleeping Quotes I Still Recite
- Kitty! Kitty! Rich Kitty! Come here!
- These mashed potatoes are so creamy. Mary mashed ’em.
- If you can fit in my pants, I’ll kill myself.
- He looks like he’s…leaning.
What did I miss? Do you have any life lessons you picked up from While You Were Sleeping? And if you’re interested in other Lessons Learned, feel free to click HERE!